Book recommendation: SLATED

This Saturday I'm leaving for Edinburgh book festival. In preparation for my panel with Anne Cassidy and Teri Terry next Wednesday, I read YA dystopian SLATED by Teri, and absolutely loved it!
Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank,
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?





Kyla has been Slated.
At the beginning, you can compare her to someone who woke from a long coma. We as the reader discover the world with her. Whom can she trust? Who is she? What has she done before she was SLATED? There are so many questions we ask ourselves along with Kyla.
I loved reading about her character development - how she went from a naive SLATED to someone who realizes her own strength. And the romance in this book is super sweet. No insta-love.
Once I started reading, I just couldn't stop and that surprised me, since SLATED isn't full of action and fights like the books that usually do that to me. But still there was so much suspense and a constant feeling of danger.
A wonderful dystopian read!
The book is already out in the UK and hits shelves in the US in January 2013!

post signature

2 comments:

Carol Riggs said...

I GOTTA read this! It sounds great, and I adore the cover. Chalk another one up for my to-read list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Riyanna Lopez said...

This book grabs you at page one by the collar and drags you straight through to the end in one fast moving gallop. As well as being a page turner, it is thoughtful, interesting, and more complex then many of the other dystopian ya series out there. It feels true. I was very impressed and am zooming through Fractured.

Riyanna
Website